Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By Dhariyah Luqman, Specialist II, School Outreach and Samantha Simoes, Specialist II, School Outreach | June 8, 2022These books and resources will help children with problem solving, patience, and perseverance as they begin to think like future inventors!
- By Center for Education and Schools | June 2, 2022Titles for all ages to support educators in teaching the history of this significant holiday.
- By Emily Uruchima, Research Associate, Curriculum Development, Center for Education and Schools | May 16, 2022Teaching the Indigenous history of residential schools with primary sources from NYPL's collections.
- By Tiffany James, Educators and Schools Outreach Specialist | May 10, 2022These titles can be used for lesson planning, professional development, gaining new ideas for working with your school community and more.
- By School Outreach | May 3, 2022Many familiar tales have been reimagined in new titles that feature diverse characters reflecting the lives of the readers themselves.
- By Samantha Simoes, Specialist II, School Outreach | April 25, 2022Throughout all the challenges teachers have faced recently, they always put their students and the needs of their community first.
- By Dhariyah Luqman, Specialist II, School Outreach | April 14, 2022Help kids learn what it takes to be an advocate for mother nature and why taking care of our planet must be a priority.
- By Amber Certain, Educators and Schools Outreach Specialist | March 31, 2022Recently published poetry and novels in verse for high school educators to share with students, as well as other resources and activities.
- By Julie Golia, Associate Director, Manuscripts, Archives, and Rare Books and Charles J. Liebman Curator of Manuscri | March 7, 2022
Schomburg Center librarian Rhonda Evans and NYPL curator Julie Golia analyzed travel guides used by African Americans to help them navigate…
- By Julie Golia, Associate Director, Manuscripts, Archives, and Rare Books and Charles J. Liebman Curator of Manuscri | March 2, 2022NYPL’s Elizabeth Cronin spoke with art historian Bonnie Yochelson about the career and images of understudied Staten Island photographer Al…