Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By Frances Lazare, NYPL Short-Term Fellow | June 29, 2022Short-Term Fellow Frances Lazare discusses her research in the Berg Collection.
- By Ruth Guerrier-Pierre, Children's Librarian | April 8, 2022From the smallest insect to the mightiest thunderstorm, these poems will have children marveling at the world around them.
- By Leanna Frankland, Adult Librarian | April 4, 2022Check out these titles from "Poetry Across Languages" panelists Fady Joudah, Tomás Q. Morín, and Niina Pollari.
- By Lauren Lampasone, Adult Librarian, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Library (SNFL) | April 1, 2022Walk along 41st Street—"Library Way"— and read inspirational quotes about reading, writing, and literature.
- By NYPL Staff | March 31, 2022Check out these top 10 poetry titles from the last year, selected by our expert librarians.
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | March 31, 2022Celebrate #NationalPoetryMonth with poems that capture the feeling of spring.
- By Amber Certain, Educators and Schools Outreach Specialist | March 31, 2022Recently published poetry and novels in verse for high school educators to share with students, as well as other resources and activities.
- By Lisa Herndon, Managers, Schomburg Communications and Publicity | March 28, 2022Materials include Maya Angelou's papers, recordings of Piri Thomas, and poetry-related conversations available on YouTube.
- By NYPL Staff | April 1, 2021Many topics are explored within the pages of our staff's favorite poetry books.