Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | June 16, 2022These authors have written about their fathers with a mix of sentimentality, love, longing, and defiance.
- By Carrie Mcbride, Blog Editor | May 12, 2022Filled with vulnerability and personal truths, these memoirs highlight the authors' struggles as they've faced loss, change, and doubt.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | May 4, 2022Born at different times and in different neighborhoods, the authors below were indelibly shaped by their childhoods in the Bronx.
- By Dorot Jewish Division Staff | February 11, 2022Explore these inspiring reads—by famous entertainers, a food writer, an activist, and more.
- By NYPL Staff | February 1, 2022
These reads offer an accessible window into the time and place that shaped these fascinating people.
- By Carrie Mcbride, Blog Editor | March 30, 2021
A chef, an activist, an actress, a psychologist, a scrap metal collector, and more—here are nine new memoirs, all published in the past few…
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | February 19, 2021
Let your next listen be a story of passion, talent, and great luck.
- By Lisa Herndon, Managers, Schomburg Communications and Publicity | November 30, 2020Explore materials on Malcolm X.